Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Golden Milk


I thought I had beat the year for colds and all things unhealthy. This past winter was the worst with illnesses and I was hoping to put it behind me as fast as possible. I was wrong.

The past few weeks I witnessed co-workers and colleagues come down with colds, stomach bugs and allergies.  Despite my best efforts this week I came down with sniffles and sneezes galore. 


In order to gain control of the situation and end things as soon as possible I thought I would try out golden milk or turmeric latte. Have you heard of this before? It is making the rounds on the internet. People swear by it. 

Turmeric has long been used for colds, congestion, headaches and sore throats. It is suppose to fight depression. Turmeric also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. 

I just took my first batch? today and we will see if it is the miracle cure everyone says it is.  

The taste is different but not bad.  The honey helps with the bitterness as does the cooking time with the turmeric. The longer you simmer the less bitter the drink. 

Have you heard of golden milk?  


Golden Milk

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Keywords: beverage
Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon dried turmeric
  • 1 teaspoon dried ginger
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • A sprinkle of black pepper
Instructions
Place milk in a saucepan over medium heat.

Add turmeric, ginger, and pepper. Stir well in order to incorporate the dried spices.

Let the milk begin to simmer. Allow to heat for another minute or two being careful not to let the milk overheat and boil.

Turn off heat, cover, and allow the mixture to sit for ten minutes to improve the infusion of flavors.

Serve warm.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...