Summer is a bit slower at work but between all of they yard work, vacation, and just general fun going on we are on the look out for quick and easy meals for dinner. Why spend time in the kitchen when you can be playing outside?
This recipe is found in the June issue of Cooking Light. I made a few tweaks that took their easy meal and made it even easier with store bought ranch dressing. If you are thinking traditional calzones this is not the meal for you. My husband tends to think if there is no red sauce it is not pizza. However, this is a super easy delicious meal. Sure to fill up your family without a lot of fuss.
Broccoli, Cheddar, and Ranch Chicken Calzones
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Keywords: bake pizza broccoli cheese chicken
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 portion pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 1/3 cup ranch salad dressing of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Dash of kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 6 ounces shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat colby-Jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 450°.
Cut dough into 4 equal portions for individual servings or leave whole to make one large calzone; cover and let stand 10 minutes.
Steam broccoli 1 minute. Rinse with cold water; drain. Combine broccoli, ranch dressing, chicken, and cheese in a large bowl.
Roll each dough portion into a 6 1/2-inch circle. Place about 1 cup filling slightly off-center on each. Fold dough over filling; crimp edges to seal. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Brush with egg; bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
Powered by Recipage