Monday, June 6, 2016

Minny's Chocolate Pie #secretrecipeclub



I cannot believe it is June. I feel like I say that every month. It seems more and more true though as time goes on.  A year ago today I was just getting back to work after my maternity leave. It was a rocky time.  Today things are much more together. Our little family has a rhythm. 




As much as I would like time to slow down, I am super excited but the thought of summer. Warm weather. Walks outside. Ice cream. I am working on my 2016 Summer bucket list. I know this summer will be great. 

The coming of June also means that it is time for the Secret Recipe Club reveal. I had so much fun last month walking through my new home in Group A.  I was super excited that a blog I found particularly charming was the blog I got assigned for this month. Nicole from Crazed Mom has been blogging for well over ten years. She recently changed over from Daily Dish Recipes, in case you are familiar with that blog. Crazed Mom definitely seems fitting as Nicole has five teenagers. One little Miss O gives us a run for our money; I cannot imagine five. Maybe I could come over for lessons on keeping it all together. 




Being that I was so excited to be assigned Nicole's blog I immediately found my recipe for June.  It was so long ago I don't know how I ultimately found Minny's Chocolate Pie recipe, but I am glad I did. This pie is kind of like a brownie in a pie crust. Super rich and chocolaty. 

I loved this pie and ate more than my fair share. My husband would much prefer an apple pie but he certainly stepped right up to sample this creation.

I also tagged a million other recipes from Crazed Mom as well as crafts.  Check out her cauliflower pizza crust,  skinny baked beignets, and creamy, crunchy peanut butter pumpkin truffles.




Minny's Chocolate Pie

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate pie
Ingredients (serves 8)
  • 1 frozen unbaked pie crust
  • ¼ cup flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ¼ cup butter
  • 2 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate squares
  • ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350. Remove the pie crust from the freezer and allow to thaw for about 20 minutes before using.

In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the flour, eggs and sugar until mixed well.
Using a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently until completely mixed.

Add the melted chocolate mixture to the flour/sugar mixture and mix everything together well.

Mix in the vanilla.

Pour the chocolate "batter" into the pie shell and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

13 comments:

  1. Mmm...chocolate pie. This looks absolutely amazing! Great SRC pick this month! Traci, Burntapple.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't love a chocolate pie, and this one looks TOTALLY divine too! What a GREAT pick for SRC this month! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You pie looks absolutely delicious. You really can't go wrong with chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate brownie pie? Wow! Sounds amazing! I'd have a hard time sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm! What a decadent dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate pie.... doesn't get much better than that!

    a little late this month to say hello, but better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy, every time visiting your blog must always provide useful topics .

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great pie for a chocoholic like me, I love I get pie and brownies in one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy you chose this recipe! I am so sorry I am just getting by to comment and read it. Thank you for all your kind, sweet words. This was a favorite when we made it and it's been awhile. Time to make another one!
    Your's looks FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...