Thursday, June 23, 2016

Pineapple Vinegar Broccoli Coleslaw



My mind is a bit blown away that it is almost the fourth of July. I really think each month disappears before my eyes.  I am happy for the fourth because we are going on vacation with family.  My brother and his family will be in the States and all of the kids will be able to play.  I cannot wait. Last time the two babies were really just babies.  Now they are full blown toddlers and I hope they love and play together. 


This past week also turned hot. It has been gorgeous weather so far, sunny days but cool breeze and I haven't thought twice about dinner plans or turning on the oven. However, temperatures soared earlier this week and I tried to think of easy meals with limited oven use.  

I made this broccoli coleslaw as a side to a grilled BBQ chicken dish and it totally hit the spot. Coleslaw is typically off limits for this gal as it is full of the dreaded mayo.   I won't go near it.  This recipe however uses apple cider vinegar to soften the veggies and is sweetened with crushed pineapple and dried cranberries. Sound delicious?  Well, no worries because it is!


I am still too worried to give Miss O raw veggies like this but she enjoyed partaking on a few stray cranberries. I thought this would be more of a "me" dish but even Mr. J dug right in and had a huge serving. This is perfect for a make ahead dish or a picnic side.  I know this will be a repeat over and over again this summer. 

Pineapple Vinegar Broccoli Coleslaw

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours chill time
Keywords: raw side salad broccoli July 4th summer
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 - 12 oz bag of broccoli coleslaw mix
  • 1 - 8 oz can crushed pineapple
  • 1 Tbsp sugar
  • 1/3 cup cranberries
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
Instructions
In a large bowl mix together all of the ingredients. Toss thoroughly to incorporate liquids completely with the broccoli coleslaw mix. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. Your blog always provide useful content . I am very grateful to be able to visit your blog .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...