Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bananas encore!

My apologies for the bad photo. However, I was not the only one in recent history who had an overload of bananas. One of my co-workers tends to buy way too many bananas on a weekly basis. I do hate to waste food so of course I volunteer to take any unwanted leftovers from the week. This week I had a whole 3 extra to take with me.

As my last post stated banana bread is one of the glorious options for using too ripe bananas. This week I took the age old standard banana bread recipe that spiced it up with some mini chocolate chips and pecans. This changed the whole feel of the bread to a lovely dessert. I promptly ate 1/2 the loaf. (Note: the wedding diet has transformed into the wedding exercise plan. Truly a foodie at heart I realized there was no use in trying to cut back in the food I like to eat. Now I simply have to run a whole whole lot)

Banana Bread
Ingredients:
1/4 C butter
1 tsp salt
1 C sugar
2 eggs
1/2 C flour
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/2 bran flakes
1 tsp soda
4 mashed bananas (beaten, creamy)
1/2 C pecans
1/2 C mini chocolate chips

Cream butter, add salt, add sugar.

Beat in eggs one at a time.

Sift flour with soda.

Mash bananas. Add alternately with dry ingredients.

Add pecans and mini chocolate chips.

Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...