Sunday, April 18, 2010

Quick summer grain salad

What a healthy meal! I was proud of myself for this one. I realized that it would be the perfect summertime dinner when it is just too hot to cook.

I used the Near East brand boxed Tabbouleh mix. Basically you follow the directions on the box of boiling water, measuring a cup and pouring into the mix. It sits for about 30 minutes in the fridge and you are done. I added grilled chicken, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, and feta cheese. Add a side of salad greens, in this case Arugula and you have a complete meal.

Even Jordan said it was good and had it again for lunch the next day. It was so simple and easy as well as essentially no-cook. Of course, you could go old school and make Tabbouleh from scratch which really isn't too time consuming either but why bother when this is just so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...