Wednesday, February 20, 2013

WIAW in Michigan


The last few days I have survived on lattes.  Starbucks lattes.  With soy milk.  Love.


I thought my husband was a bit crazy when he suggested frozen yogurt for dessert this week. After all I spent all weekend trying to warm up.  Surprisingly we weren't the only ones with this idea.  No fewer than 6 families came and went as we were eating.  I smuggled in two dark chocolate Reese's cups to add to my cup.  Mr. J just shook his head in disbelief. 


I took this photo at the San Diego zoo. They had some open greenhouses.  I keep looking at it and thinking Spring.


During my trip to Michigan I made a side adventure to the Ann Arbor Great Harvest bread. It was only about 10 minutes away but I ended up in a blast of snow.  Not so smart.  I am still debating on whether the trek was worth the sandwich, bread and cookie.  I think yes.


Dinner was like a fifth grader hot lunch.  Burgers, mini tatar tots, and steamed broccoli.  At least there was some green.

When you travel do you bring back food items?



4 comments:

  1. Yes, those pb cups for your frozen yogurt were a good choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Me too. Actually, not really, but I have been drinking quite a few soy lattes these day (decaf, of course!) Traveling can be both a joy and a blessing when it comes to food. It sounds like you found some good eats! Thank you for sharing another dose of inspiration. I hope you are having a great week and are staying warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I love a side trip to Great Harvest, too! And husbands will never understand our womanly quirkiness...of course you needed those Reeses in your frozen yogurt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Harvest is where I go for my bread here in Michigan.
    Delicious!
    And definitely worth a trek on the snow. :)
    I definitely bring back food items from all my travels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...