Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Baby Update: Week 31.5

Um this post was suppose to go up last week. And then it was suppose to go up yesterday. But such is life.  This week is 9 weeks after my last baby update and I feel a bit ashamed. I see all of the blogs out their chronicling their pregnancy journey each and every week. Somehow this baby has stolen all of my manic, Type A traits, leaving me with a "maybe I will, maybe I won't and I just don't care" attitude.

I am ready now though so be ready for a massive baby brain dump.


Here is the nursery about 7 weeks ago right after we got the glider. Thanks Mom and Dad! We have since done a lot and I plan to have a full post in another week or two. Fingers crossed that the three things I want to get done this weekend actually get done. 

I daydream all day long about the finished nursery and baby things. I have stayed away from Pinterest for the most part but I can spend all day long looking other other people's registry lists and wondering if I have the "right" things on mine. 

We got the car seat today and that means the baby will be allowed home from the hospital. This one piece of equipment for the baby was totally stressing me out.  I had dreams about going into labor but needing Mr. J to still order the car seat.  

December was a rough month for me. It was the last month I was going to be traveling and it turned out that that idea was not a good one. I haven't really been sick at all during the pregnancy but once I hit the third trimester I got wicked motion sickness. Car. Airplanes. I had a flight scheduled each week of December and I pretty much got sick on every one and then felt miserable for 24 hours after I landed. My last trip got canceled because the thought of getting on a plane brought me to tears.  I have no more travel for work or really anything else at this point. This is such a good feeling. I just want to be home all of the time. Mr. J is still going to be out and about and I am not too happy but the plan is to get a lot done before the baby comes so he can take a ton of time off to be with both of us. 

I am big right now.  I cannot see my feet unless I lend forward.  I cannot tie my shoes without sitting down.  Multiple times I have needed to have cars re-park because they were too close to the car next door and I couldn't get out. It is funny but annoying and sad at the same time. I still have an innie belly button and no linea nigra. It is hard to think that I am going to continue to grow. I got pretty itchy early on (maybe the dry air made things worst) but I have been using this oil or this belly balm each morning. No more itches and so far no stretch marks. 

Saltines still my favorite go to munchie and I carry some with me EVERYWHERE. Mac and cheese, grilled cheese, french fries and chicken tenders are my meals of choice. I eat like a two year old.  Although I have expanded a bit since my nausea has pretty much disappeared being home. 

My gym routine is lame but I am happy to still be moving about. I try to go to the gym every day and walk 30 minutes. I pretty much stop after 30 minutes even if I could do more because I found that it wipes me out for the rest of the day. The lame part is my speed. Some days I can barely go 3.0 on the treadmill. That is about 1.5 miles in 30 minutes. Men give me weird looks and all the women smile uncomfortably.  

She kicks constantly and I am still not used to the feeling. It is so strange thinking someone is growing inside of me. The kicks hurt too. She is especially active at night when I am trying to sleep. Or in the middle of a meeting at work. I lose all concentration when she gets going. 

Sleep is hard.  I go to bed between 8-9, if I don't I just fall asleep on the couch. By 1 am I have to pee. If I am lucky I can fall back asleep but most nights at this point it is a struggle. I normally toss and turn before I have to pee again at 3 am. Some nights I can go back to sleep at this point but it is only a short while before I officially get up by 5:30/6ish. I never got one of those specialty pillows and maybe I should have. Instead I make a little cocoon all the way around me. I took all of the guest pillows in the house.

I know the next few weeks will go by super fast. I am looking forward to the baby shower, another ultra sounds and our birthing class. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure everything is so crazy right now but I always love reading your updates!

    Although I'm now ashamed because I, very unpregnant, only walk about 3.0 on the treadmill. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cocoon around me too! It drives my hubby nuts because we have a full-size bed, so there isn't much room to begin with. But I have to say, this time around the pillows have helped with comfort - I'm a belly sleeper and have trouble falling asleep anyways, so I have always struggled sleeping in pregnancy. I will say Mason hates when I lay on my left side, which is which side you're "supposed to lay on".

    I had to do less frequent pregnancy updates on my blog - every 4 weeks right now, but I'll probably do the last 4 weeks each week. I have this pregnancy journal that I wrote in nearly every single day in the beginning of my pregnancy and then I got awful at writing in it. I wrote in it while I was doing my glucose test at 28 weeks, but stopped midsentence to get my blood pulled. Then I wrote the date down and my weight at 30 weeks and never wrote anything else. LOL. I'm really a mess and scatterbrained right now.

    P.S. The gym? GO YOU! I don't think I've exercised at all this pregnancy. It's a miracle I haven't gained too much weight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also don't feel bad about not knowing what you need/want. It was a struggle with my first two because they were back to back. I found out I was pregnant with my daughter at 8 weeks postpartum, so I had no real experience as a mother to know what I wanted or needed. It's been so much easier after having gone through 2 babies but at the same time there is so much NEW stuff out. If you ever have any questions on any baby things, feel free to email/message me and if I've tried it, I can totally offer my honest opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh the joys of pregnancy... ;-)) Baby will be here soon and you'll realize that things were easier while she was still in there. How's that for a great and encouraging pep talk! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a pregnancy update! The little one will be here before you know it. =) I ate like a 2-year-old when I was pregnant, too - HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're doing great... I was a complete mess when I was pregnant with my first child. I did not chronicle anything. Enjoy while the baby is still snuggled in your belly... once they come out it's really the test of your inner strength. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these updates!! You are doing so amazing and can't imagine you have time to blog and work lol! Hope you can enjoy the last few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...