Sunday, November 2, 2014

Single Serving Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie

Satisfy your sweet tooth with a quick indulgence of a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie for one.



Today I am joining a group of bloggers celebrating the goodness that is a single serving. Everyone deserves good food to eat.  Sometimes though it is hard to do when you are by yourself.  When Mr. J is gone for a work trip I find myself gravitating to the cereal in the pantry at dinner time.  This past week Mr. J was gone a lot.  I wish I could say that I whipped up some wonderful concoctions but I just wasn't feeling it.  Hello grilled cheese sandwiches!! 



I did however make some cookies.  One night I wanted cookies bad.  I was too tired to make a whole batch. Plus a whole batch of cookies is not a good thing to have around a lonely pregnant woman.  This recipe is a mini recipe.  Perfect for one...or two if you want to share. I didn't and wouldn't. No judgement here. 


These cookies come together so easily.  You barely make a mess. A few minutes in the oven and you have warm chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  They definitely hit the spot.  


Single Serving Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie

by Emily Morris, slightly adapted from No. 2 Pencil
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 12-15 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate oatmeal cookie
Ingredients (2-3 cookies)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 firmly packed tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  • Pinch of kosher salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 egg yolk
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons rolled oats
  • 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a microwave safe bowl, heat butter just until it starts to melt and is softened.

Blend softened butter, sugars, salt, and vanilla together by hand.

Add egg yolk and stir again.

Add oats and flour and stir until combined.

Then stir in chocolate chips.

Form cookie dough into two or three balls depending on the size of your cookies and place on baking sheet.

Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and gently push down on the tops of cookies to flatten. Serve immediately.
Powered by Recipage



Stock up on some more single serving recipes:

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Perfect for a single lady movie night, I imagine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely eat these all by myself. Thanks for joining me today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how thick these cookies are-and single serving so they're not too guilt inducing :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...