Monday, February 7, 2011

Turkey chili

Mondays seem so cruel sometimes.  This particular one is especially painful.  The weekend went by way too fast.  I didn't do to much outside of the kitchen which is fine by me.  Jordan and I watched lots of Big Love - we current have three seasons out from the library.  We also ate a ton! Thank goodness some of it was healthy.  


Turkey and 4 Pepper Chili

Ingredients:
3/4LB ground turkey
1 cup sliced red, yellow and green peppers (I used Trader Joe's frozen peppers)
1 sliced jalapeno pepper, keep seeds
1 medium onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can kidney beans
1 can tomato paste
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP crushed red peppers
1 TBSP chili powder
1 tsp cumin

1. Put olive oil in pan.  Cook turkey till brown, about 8 minutes.

2. Add in onions, garlic, and all peppers.  Season with spices.


3. Once onions become soft and translucent.  Add beans, and tomato products.



4. Mix together and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Cook longer to thicken chili.


5. Top with shredded cheese.  


This week I am suppse to try a trip to Chicago again.  I was previously suppose to go last week but some blizzard got in the way.  I am hoping that the 40 degree temperatures that made it here yesterday might stick around for a bit.  Sadly, I don't think that is what the weather man is predicting. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum...I made almost this exact same chili for Superbowl watching yesterday. It was super yum...and I filled an entire crock pot with it, so we'll be eating it all week, haha. Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...