Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fresh fruit pizza

For some insane reason when I was about 8 years old I went through a phase of not really liking pizza. I wouldn't not eat it but I wouldn't get very excited about it either. And forget about toppings, cheese was all I would go for. Things have since changed and pizza is one of my favorite go to dinners. Kashi, and Newman's own make very good frozen thin crust pizza available at most grocery stores, New York has Italian deli's everywhere making homemade pizza pies, and I myself whip up some quick Margarita pizza now and then. Pizza is good.

This weekend I had something from the past that made me forget about ever not liking pizza. This is the perfect summer pick-me-up snack or dessert. The recipe below using premade sugar cookie dough. Of course if you have the time and want to do it from scratch that is also allowed.

Fresh fruit pizza
Adapted from a family recipe

1 pkg premade sugar cookie dough
1 4oz can crushed pineapple
1 8oz pkg bar cream cheese (room temperature)
Any variety fresh fruit (peaches, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
1/2 cup Apricot preserves

1.Roll out cookie dough to cover a normal size pizza pan. Cook dough according to package directions. You will probably need to add about 10 minutes to the baking time since the dough will be rather thick. It should look golden all the way to center. Remove from heat and cool.

2.Beat cream cheese and crushed pineapples together until soft and easily spreadable. Cover cookie crust pizza.

3. Cut fruit and decorate pizza with artsy design. Try to cover all open surface.
Heat Apricot preserves in microwave until runny. Brush on pizza to cover all fruit. This will prevent browning of fruit.

4.Refrigerate to set for at least an hour.

It should last about 3 days but I am telling you this is good and will not last that long. Long live the pizza, savory or sweet.

On different note, I will be posting recipes that are more than just dessert I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I going try this Pizza..
    I liked ur blogs very much..
    Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...