Monday, August 3, 2009

Pizza @ the gym?

Planet Fitness has this weird customer appreciation days where you get food at the gym for free. The first Monday of every month is pizza night and the second Tuesday of every month is bagels and coffee in the morning. I used to think this was very counter intuitive. You go to the gym to work out and for most people the end goal is to lose weight. Advertising food at a place people go to lose weight is not the best marketing ploy; however, at Planet fitness it seems to work. It certainly got Jordan in the door once a month.

The first Monday night of the month the gym is a chaotic mess. People flood in the doors; you can barely find an open machine. What is funny though is that people come in from work in street clothes, go right to the food and sit down to eat. At times I would hate these Monday nights. It would be hard to start exercising of any sort with the smell of pizza waifing through the air. The people who come and actually make it on a cardio machine actually annoy me more than the eater only people. Regular goers like myself had certain favs for machines, the pizza eaters simply get in the way. This used to be my mindset. Every once and a while these thoughts linger back into the fore front of my mind but for the most part I really appreciate the pizza nights now. Planet fitness won over my appreciation.

The Planet Fitness I am currently a member gets all sorts of strange and unusual pizzas. Normally they are one topping but you can find just about any one topping variety - sausage, pepperoni, BBQ chicken, meatball, chicken cutlet, broccoli, tomato, onion, olive, mushroom, and eggplant. Tonight however there were two new choices, salad and green olive and garlic. Salad I would assume to be some type of Mexican pizza with lecttuce scattered over the top. This I have yet to try; however, the second option was quite yummy. For anyone who loves garlic this is the pizza to try. The appearance was a bit off - pale colors never really turned me on. Once again I apologize for the lack of a picture.

Anyhow, the point of this is never turn your back on a free food opportunity. You never know what you may find...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...