Monday, May 30, 2011

Because the rain is BACK, spring pasta!

It was a little too good to be true, three days in a row of nothing but sunshine.  Perfect weather for the holiday weekend, except it was a bit too hot.  I was happy to wake to some rain this morning.  No worries though the sun is back in the forecast for this afternoon. 

This weekend was great.  Most people relax by not doing much.  I only get anxious when I sit and do nothing.  I accomplished so much this weekend mixed in with a little fun.  To me, this is the perfect scenario.  Top on my list was vacuuming my car.  It looks so nice!  It was not the most fun activity of the weekend but it is by far the one to make me the happiest.  I also did some cleaning around the apartment, organizing, and even so baking.  Even with the heat I couldn't resist turning on the oven. 

Today, though, I have a recipe with no oven required.  It is a hearty dinner with lots of veggies.  I loved it and even Mr. J said that we could have it again.  There was no meat so he sneakily grabbed some beef jerky as he did the dishes!

Spring Veggie Pasta
Serves 2

Ingredients:
1/2 LB lingunie
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 red onion, diced
1 zucchini, chopped in large pieces
3/4 artichoke hearts, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp pasta broth
3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper


Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.


2.  In a saute pan, add olive oil and cook onions until they just start to soften.  Add zucchini, artichoke hearts and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes till veggies are cooked to desired consistency.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.


3.  Add in lemon juice and pasta broth.  Turn off heat and cover till pasta is done cooking.

5.  Drain pasta and combine with veggie mixture.


6.  Top with parmesan cheese. 





So what do you think of the new camera?  A bit more practice but I like it.  The thing is so small, I am afraid one of us might crush it. 

4 comments:

  1. Veggies and pasta is my favorite dish. This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love veggie-packed pasta dishes, especially this time of year. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of pasta! Packed with colorful veggies and delicious cheese! Hope you are enjoying Spring :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This pasta sounds great! I love quick and easy recipes like this.
    I used to be able to do nothing with my weekends, but now I feel like I'm wasting time by just hanging around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...