Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas in NYC!


Merry Christmas! It has come somewhat of a tradition for us to trudge to the city during December to see the famous Rockefeller Center tree.


This weekend we did just that.  It was a beautiful sunny day and I think everyone had the same idea.  It was packed down there.



We didn't dare brave the area again at night.  It is about 100 million times worst at night. Either way you could still feel the magic in the air.


After all of that excited me a break was in order as well as a bit of a snack.  Bouchon Bakery recently opened and I couldn't wait to check it out.  Mr. J and I got treats from here back when we were wine to wine touring in Napa last spring.


There were so many options it was tough making a decision.  We ended up with quite the variety of treasures.


Macaroons, brownies, and holiday hohos oh my!



And no visit to NYC is complete without seeing completely strange.  At Barney's this year there is a portion of the store dedicated to Lady Gaga's Workshop.  They had chocolate shoes that were $95. Everything was complete ridiculous and very, very expensive.  Something I will never understand.

9 comments:

  1. Loved the pictures. NYC always does it up big for the holidays. Looks like you had some tasty treats to make your adventure complete.
    As far as the lady Gaga, it seems that she has got royalty monies coming from everywhere and everything these days! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coming to Ny during the holidays. I love everything from Macy's parade to all the shine and glitter you see everywhere.
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still drooling at the last sweet treat picture - whatever that was, I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your words and your photos with me. They made me smile. And thank you for your kind words on my own blog. I'm glad we can share with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to get myself down to NYC sometime during the holidays. It always looks like it would be off the charts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh.. how awesome are these pictures. I have never been to NYC during Christmas... it looks wonderful and magical! I'm glad you got to enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great time of year to visit NYC! And I am super jealous of those amazing treats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT pictures and looks like you had fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...