Monday, August 5, 2013

coffee chocolate chip pancakes #chocolateparty





I thought I was all prepared for this month's chocolate party. The special ingredient to pair with chocolate this month was coffee. Easy peasy right?  Two great things.  I was all set to make a chocolate coffee milkshake and then I saw this post



Coffee pancakes. I couldn't get them out of my head. Then I thought why not add chocolate chips. Chocolate chip pancakes are my favorite. Add coffee too, I don't see how this could be a bad thing at all. 


And thus my chocolate coffee milkshake went out the window.


Coffee Chocolate Chip Pancakes

by Emily Morris, Adapted by Eat, Live, Run
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: breakfast chocolate coffee
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 large egg
  • 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Instructions
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a another smaller bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, instant coffee and melted butter. Beat until well combined. The coffee needs to dissolve.

Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. The batter will still be slightly lumpy.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Heat up your skillet and spray with nonstick spray or oil. Scoop the batter onto the hot skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side and flip.

Serve warm with butter, maple syrup and more coffee.
Powered by Recipage

 If you want to join in on the fun here is how you participate:

1.) Blog about your chocolate treat. Your recipe must include the two ingredients we choose. It can be a simple no bake treat or a sophisticated layer cake, the complexity level of the recipe is totally up to you.


2.) Include a link back to the Chocolate party page.  Optionally, add the Chocolate Party logo in your blog post or on your sidebar.


3.) Your recipe must be published during the current month. Please do not link old recipes, they will be deleted.


4.) Add the linky code at the bottom of your post.



13 comments:

  1. Thank you for the perfect excuse to have chocolate for breakfast, Emily =) Very scrumptious looking, indeed. Love that yogurt is included in the batter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put all of breakfast together on one plate! Sounds tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mouthwatering stack of pancakes, Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with chocolate and coffee for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee and chocolate via a pancake is a brilliant idea! Can't wait to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I made cookies with coffee baked right in a couple months ago and they were great. I bet it's amazing in these pancakes, too! Although I still think you should post a mocha milkshake another time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow..Emily...I would never have thought to add coffee to pancakes! But now I can't this out of my head either! What a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it sounds like a great way to start the day!
    I will have to try this, I would love to smother them with maple syrup and roasted nuts!! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the flavors of these pancakes... now that's a way to get your caffeine in the the morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely dish to use the two ingredients! They look soft, pillow-y and totally delicious. I am definitely making it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great breakfast combination! What more could you ask for in the morning? Thanks so much for joining the Chocolate Party!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...