Monday, April 29, 2013

Honey Roasted Carrots {SRC}

Secret Recipe Club

Can you please it is the end of April already?  This month flew by. I am happy the end of is much warmer and more Spring-like than the beginning of the month.   Not only does the end of the month bring sunshine but also the Secret Recipe Club post.



April's blogger is Dorothy from Shockingly Delicious.  Dorothy is a fabulous cook whose blog is full of great recipes and tips. Although there were many lovely dessert recipes I wanted to check out, I am trying to be healthy right now and eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible.  I almost caved when I saw her recipe for Zucchini Cookie Butter Bundt Cake but remained stead fast with my plan.



Mr. J loves cooked carrots so when I saw her recipe for honeyed carrots I thought it would be a perfect side dish for dinner.  I didn't change a thing. They came out a beautiful color and the honey really brings out the sweetness of the carrots.  We enjoyed them with plain steak from the great and some green beans. 

Thanks Dorothy for a winning recipe!
 
Honey Roasted Carrots

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: roast side vegetarian
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 bunch carrots
  • 1 garlic clove, finely minced
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
  • Salt and pepper
Instructions
Wash and peel the carrots, and then slice the carrots thinly on a diagonal.
In a non-stick frying pan, heat up the oil and butter, then add the carrots. Saute for about 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and saute for another minute, until carrots are tender but still a bit crunchy.
Add in the honey and saute for a few more minutes, until carrots are golden.
Season with salt and pepper and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley if you like.
Powered by Recipage


15 comments:

  1. These look so yummy! I need to make carrots more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I always have them raw. I have made these several times since and enjoyed having another option for a veggie side.

      Delete
  2. Those look so tasty. I love carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good. I make mine with maple syrup instead of honey and they're a big family favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fabulous idea! I will be trying that soon.

      Delete
  4. Yumm! What a terrific side dish - I love carrots prepared like this. Unfortunately neither of my boys like cooked carrots, spoil sports. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE carrots and this looks like a winning recipe! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove roasted carrots, but I always forget about them for whatever reason. This post reminded me, and they're totally going on the menu soon. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look fantastic! I have been eating so many carrots lately...so tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, yum, these carrots are gorgeous :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes it's amazing how such a simple recipe can be so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at these beautiful carrots makes me feel like bugs bunny... I want to eat them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love her blog! We make carrots a lot at home, so healthy and delicious!

    although, I would also consider making her Zucchini Bundt cake, sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...