Wednesday, September 4, 2013

It's September! and WIAW


It's September. I cannot believe the summer is almost over but I am so happy for fall. Things are busy, busy, busy around here.  Next week is my birthday and we are set to close on the house!  I don't know if I will be able to contain my excitement or nerves for 10 some odd days.

Breakfast is back to smoothies.  They have been very consistent lately with 1 banana, 1 cup fresh baby spinach, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and 4 ice cubes. This one was jazzed up with some store bought granola. 


The snack of the day was this chip like veggie much from Nature Box.  I am trying my best to clean out the pantry before we need to move out. Problem is I like a full pantry and I obsessively restock.  I need to break that habit fast.


Lunch was a massive salad that was oh so good.  Romaine lectucce topped with garden tomatoes, mini mozzarella balls and an avocado.  Mozzarella and avocado make everything taste so much better.  If I could eat some every day I would be pretty happy.


Dinner was leftovers from a massive eggplant parmesan dish I made over the weekend. Crispy fried eggplant disks layered with more mozzarella, tomatoes and basil.  This was my third time eating it. You would think I might be sick of it by now but nope. I am sad to say there is one last serving and then it will be gone. I will miss you massive eggplant parmesan.

6 comments:

  1. I love eggplant parmesan dishes like that! You've made me want to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. Mozzarella and avocado are so fabulous on a salad. Have you ever tired avocado and watermelon. It makes a great topping for summer salad too :-)
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is some inspiration to clean out your pantry. Just think how much fun you will have getting to know the new stores in your new neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always impressed with your daily food... I eat one proper meal a day... the rest can be crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...