Monday, September 9, 2013

BLT Pizza


Happy Monday! I am so happy this day is here. And now I would promptly like it to end. I have to get blood drawn this morning for some routine work. Yuck!

Then I have to go to Albany. I cannot wait till about 8pm.  Plus, tomorrow is my birthday! The sooner today ends the sooner my birthday.


We have homemade pizza once a week. Most times we have sausage, onion, peppers, and garlic. Same old, same old.


Every once in a while though we jazz it up a bit. This weekend there was a whole bunch of jazz. I got the idea of a BLT pizza.  I think it was because I am going to be traveling a lot for work soon and I am always thinking of ideas to feed Mr. J that are easy to put together and he will like. BLT sandwiches are something he would make and eat when I am gone. 


The more I thought about BLTs the more I wanted to have some myself.  Thus the BLT pizza was born. Make a pizza like normal but then top with tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese and arugula.  Of course, then you put the normal mozzarella cheese on top.


The cheeses blend together, the arugula wilts and you have one fantastic, very grown up pizza.

BLT Pizza

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 ball fresh pizza dough (store bought or from your favorite recipe)
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce
  • 2 teaspoons dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
  • 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
  • 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1 cup arugula
  • 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Instructions
Cook bacon until crispy and set aside to cool. Once cool, crumble into small bite size pieces.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a cookie sheet with a sprinkling of cornmeal to prevent sticking.

Roll out pizza dough to desired shape and size. Place on pizza (cookie) pan. Top with tomato sauce. Sprinkle the spices on top of the sauce. Layer the tomatoes slices on top of the sauce followed by the bacon pieces and blue cheese.

Loosely spread the arugula on the pizza and top with the mozzarella cheese.

Cook for about 20-25 minutes on the bottom rack of the oven. The arugula will wilt and the cheese should be melted and slightly browned.
Powered by Recipage

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh you are such a smartie!! BLT pizza sounds AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I always get these notifications the next day... that means ... TODAY IS YOUR BIRTHDAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful year ahead with all your wishes coming true. I love the pizza.. BACON!! :)

    PS... when you get a chance I have a question how you make your email notifications only give an intro to the blog post. My email notifications gives the whole blog post... and I can't figure out how to change that on blogspot. Whenever you get a chance no rush... Today is for celebrating. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...