Thursday, September 19, 2013

Roasted Pork Chops and Peaches


I have another peach recipe for you today. I hope that is OK with you? We might even get one more into the mix before peaches whole heartily call it quits for the year.  I found this recipe in Real Simple or Cooking Light and instantly knew it was something I needed to make. First, I love all of the ingredients. Second, it can be made in one pot.



This recipe is so pretty with the colors from the peaches, basil and red onion and comes together in less than 20 minutes. We had this on the weekend but I wish I had saved it for a more rushed week night. Oh well there is always next time.





Roasted Pork Chops and Peaches

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (serves 4)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 bone-in pork chops (3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • 2 peaches, cut into wedges
  • 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
  • 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Instructions
Heat oven to 400° F.

Heat the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.

Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.

Add the peaches, onion, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 1 minute.

Return the pork (and any accumulated juices) to the skillet. Transfer to oven and roast until the pork is cooked through and the peaches are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
Powered by Recipage

3 comments:

  1. You are killing me with these great savory peach dishes!! This is amazing. I'd only have to substitute the pork chops with some chicken thighs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...