Monday, September 30, 2013

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls {Copycat} {SRC}


This month for the Secret Recipe club I got Janie of Fantastical Sharing of Recipes.  She is the organizer between the scenes for Group D.  


I almost picked her Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte Copycat Recipe. After all it is the season for pumpkin and I do love me a good Pumpkin Spice Latter but then I eyed her copycat recipe for Cinnabun Cinnamon Rolls.


I love Cinnabun Cinnamon Rolls. See I used to go to Maine most summers to see family when I still lived in Iowa. Most flights for us went through O'Hara in Chicago. Not only was I excited to go to Maine but most times I was able to convince my mom(or maybe she didn't need too much convincing) to get a Cinnamon Roll from Cinnabun at the airport. This was sum twenty years ago (Am I really that old?) when they weren't all over the malls like they are today. Cinnabun was so super special to me.  With Janie's recipe I could make them at home, where I can have five at once without paying whatever ridiculous cost they charge. It is a dream come true. 
 
Secret Recipe Club

Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls (Copycat)

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 30 minutes, plus 2 hour rise t
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients (serves 12)
For the Rolls:
  • 1 pkg. dry yeast
  • 1 cup milk, warm
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup margarine, softened
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 cups flour
For the Filling:
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup margarine, melted
For the Icing:
  • 8 tbsp. margarine
  • 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Instructions
For the dough:
Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk. Add sugar, margarine, salt, eggs and flour.
Mix well until a dough is formed.
Knead gently into a large ball on a lightly floured surface.
Put dough in a bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for one hour or until it has doubled.
Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface into a 21 by 16 inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick.
For the Filling:
Spread the melted butter onto the dough. Also...this is about the time you want to get that oven preheated to 400 degrees.
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon for filling. Sprinkle evenly over the buttered dough.
From the long end, roll the dough up tightly. Pinch the seams. Cut into 1 3/4 inch slices.
Place in a lightly greased baking pan. Let rise for an hour, uncovered. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
To make icing:
Combine ingredients and beat with a mixer until fluffy.
When the rolls are done, spread the icing on top of the rolls.
Powered by Recipage


21 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, I haven't had one of those in I don't even know how long. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drool! who doesn't love a good cinnamon roll recipe. Can't wait to make this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these look incredible! Love a good cinnamon roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't made cinnamon rolls in ages! I would have to get guests at home to try this, a little too over=indulgent for just me and hubby, but WOW.... what a delicious treat!

    Happy Reveal Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heavenly! Best recipe EVER!!! Best SRC pick of the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I love cinnabon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, just look at that frosting. Must definitely make this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice for SRC Reveal Day!! I love cinnamon rolls! They are always welcomed in my house:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god...this is a perfect recipe for SRC reveal day! My husband and I were JUST talking about Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. I think it is a sigh...I better get in the kitchen and make these right away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, there's something so enticing about the aroma of cinnamon rolls. My family loves cinnamon rolls...and I think I've even made this recipe. They wouldn't mind another batch, though, I'm sure! They look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's just unbelievably tempting! These are soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's just unbelievably tempting! These are soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM! Great choice. My recipe is similar and it is ALWAYS a hit and I make it every Christmas morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love love love cinnamon rolls :) fabulous pick this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cinnabon rocks the mall because of the aroma.... I can just imagine how good your house smelled while these baked. It's dangerous to have that entire tray at your disposal... I would eat way too many. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just back from visiting friends on the east coast. As soon as I got through security, there was the amazing aroma of Cinnabon rolls baking away. I resisted, but only because we were hurrying to catch the plane. They are just amazing, and this recipe looks really, really tempting. Your house must have smelled so wonderful for hours!! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think there are very few things in the world that smell as good as a Cinnabon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who can say no to cinnamon rolls with frosting? Not me! I'll take the whole pan please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...