Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend Edition: Furniture

I lived for this weekend.  Here was my schedule last week:

Monday: Fly to Durham, NC
Tuesday: Fly back to Providence, RI - get home at 12:30am 
Wednesday: Fly to Detroit, MI
Thursday: Fly back to Hartford, CT - get home at 1:30am
Friday: Try not to collaspe

So the cold that I got last weekend didn't really get to go away.  By Friday I was miserable. Part of this schedule is completely on me - I seriously don't know what I was thinking. I am way too old for these types of flights. 

Anyway the point is not to complain (OK maybe a bit) but just to show you how happy I was for the weekend. Besides being able to sleep. My parents came to visit. 

Not only have I not seen them in a very long time, but they haven't seen the inside of the new house. As a bonus, they brought with them a whole bunch of furniture. We now have another bed for the second guest room, a dining room table, a dresser, wicker chairs for our porch and most importantly sundae glasses. Because not all of the floors are done upstairs we didn't set up any rooms but soon. Soon!


While there were here we went out to our favorite restaurant in Guilford. There was a appetizer special - roasted potatoes topped with bacon and served with melted brie sauce. Best. Thing. Ever.


We decided it was worth going out to breakfast too. Fried eggs and potato pancakes with applesauce is a mighty fine way to start the day if I do say so myself.


We also snagged a Doussant. This is similar to the Cronut craze in NYC.  A croissant dough fried doughnut.  We split this one four ways to sample.  It was good but to be honest I didn't get anything more than good fried doughnut taste.

And then the weekend was done.

In case you missed it here is what I was up to last week:

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh...a couple flights spread 3-4 days apart exhausts me...I can't imagine dealing with your schedule last week. Especially with a cold! Glad you had a nice weekend with your parents...sounds like you made out like a bandit...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet girl...I don't know how you do it! I'm sure glad your parents came in this weekend...and brought furniture too! I hope you got plenty of rest...and I hope you continue to get more this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...