Friday, March 14, 2014

Bailey's Irish Cream Milkshakes

Happy Friday! 

Today is pi day. I completely slacked off in making a pie. This is much to the dismay of Mr. J who loves pie.



Instead I bring you an Irish themed milkshake. My parents left behind a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream a few weeks ago.  I am not a huge fan of hard alcohol. Is Irish cream even considered hard alcohol? I think it might be a liqueur. Clearly I don't drink much other than wine.



Regardless, alcohol suits me much better when combined in a baked good or ice cream. Last weekend when my throat felt like needles were going through it with each swallow I decided I needed something cold. Ice cream cold. And then I dumped in a bunch of Bailey's Irish cream. Delicious!

My pours were a little off. I shared but certainly took the bigger portion. I was the sick one after all. 



I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!


Bailey's Irish Cream Milkshakes

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: blender dessert ice-cream
Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 2 cups ice cream (chocolate, vanilla or coffee)
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
Instructions
Put the ice cream, milk and Bailey's Irish Cream in a blender. Blend until combined, about 1 minute.

Add more milk if you like a more liquid consistency. Add more ice cream if you like a thicker consistency.
Powered by Recipage

7 comments:

  1. This milkshake looks unbelievable! Yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to feed a cold and these Bailey's milkshakes look like quite the antidote! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubby would love this milkshake... YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you can only juggle so many holidays at once! St. Patrick's Day, pi day, and also March madness is about to begin, and then of course Easter and mother's day. Just a whirlwind. Sounds like this milkshake is a great way to sit back and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, I could use of these lively drinks right about now! :) Hope your feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made homemade Bailey's recently and then saw this recipe and of course had to try it together. Amazing. Perfect way to unwind in the evening. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...