Monday, March 24, 2014

Thick and Chewy Easter M&M Cookies


Thick and Chewy cookies made festive with Easter colored M&Ms.



We had a fun but worked filled weekend. Mr. J's parents were in town for some house projects. It is crazy how much you can do when you just get right to it. It doesn't hurt that my FIL is contractor and comes with loads of knowledge and tools.



My contribution is making sure everyone is well feed.  Mr. J was giving me a hard time last week that we were lacking desserts. I am not sure if that was a true assessment of our pantry but I aimed to squash those thoughts with some cookies.



M&M cookies are my second favorite cookies. Second only because I have set standards which are difficult to find.  I like thick and chewy cookies when it comes to M&M cookies.  And of course they need to be packed full of M&Ms. I picked up these Easter colored M&Ms and thought they would be the perfect treat to have on hand for work breaks and throughout the week for Mr. J.  So far...mission accomplished.


Thick and Chewy M&M Cookies

by Emily Morris, From Pinch of Yum, Sally's Baking Addiction
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Keywords: bake Easter cookie
Ingredients (24 cookies)
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • ½ cup white sugar
  • 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2½ cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1½ cups M&M’s
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

In a stand mixer, cream the brown sugar, white sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla on low speed until well mixed.

Add the 2½ cups flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just combined. Add the extra tablespoons of flour until the dough feels thick and almost dry to the touch.

By hand incorporate the M&M’s into the dough.

Roll into large balls. Flatten slightly with your palm or the back of a wooden spoon. Bake for 8-10 minutes until barely cooked through.

Remove from cookie sheet right away and place on cooling rack. Let stand for 5-10 minutes to help the cookies hold their shape.
Powered by Recipage

7 comments:

  1. Those cookies are seriously unbelievable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thick and chewy is the best kind of cookie! Stuff them with M&M's and I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww these are so cute!! Such an easy way to add Easter flair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are a thick and chewy family, too! I love the look of your cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with ya — thick and chewy cookies all the way!
    These cookies look so simple, easy, and delicious. Love that you made them festive with the M&Ms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeeeeous cookies-I love how thick and tasty they look!!! thick & chewy all the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a thick and chewy cookie. These are perfect of Spring... if spring ever decides to finally come. Sorry.. I'm bitter here because I look outside and see snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...