Monday, March 10, 2014

Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins


I might have gotten too ambitious with this whole vacation to Washington DC. I had a lot to fit in during our week off. It caught up to me in the end and I got a bad cold. I was pretty much knocked out Saturday on the trip home and didn't do much yesterday.


I was still super happy to go and had a great time. It was such fun to catch up with friends and see my little nephew.  I plan to post more about the trip later this week but it was easier today to post a recipe.


We had a visitor last night who was traveling through. One of Mr. J's friends from college actually lives in Charlottesville but was in Maine for training when we were down there. It was such a bummer to miss him.  He called on Friday though asking if he could stay Sunday night on his way back. Of course this was before I got sick but he was still welcome.


Since it was such a short visit and he was leaving early in the morning today I wanted to send him off with something delicious for the long car ride. After debating with Mr. J about what muffin to make I decided to do something new.


It seems like a lot of folks have been posting peanut butter and jelly muffins. These are really peanut butter and jam muffins since I really like the fruit pieces in my spread. I figured this would be a hearty breakfast to take on the road.


The muffins came out wonderfully. The whole house smelled like peanut butter toast.  I have a thing for warm peanut butter. I have not had much of an appetite but this smell and these muffins had me.


The boys slathered on butter because as my husband says " I am a butter kind of man." I like mine just plan. After all there was already peanut butter and jam right in the muffin.



Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins

by Emily Morris, from My Baking Addiction and Recipe Girl Cook Book
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients (12 muffins)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • Your favorite jam or jelly
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until just blended.

Add peanut butter, and mix on medium speed until well combined and crumbly in a coarse mixture.

In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla. Add to peanut butter mixture and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.

Add muffin batter to prepared muffin wells filling about 1/2 way full. Next, place 2 teaspoons of your favorite jam or jelly in the center of the muffin batter.

Top with another scoop of muffin batter covering all visible jam or jelly. The muffin cups will be full.

Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
Powered by Recipage

1 comment:

  1. These sound wonderful! My kids and I love pb and jelly sandwiches, so I know we'd just love these fun muffins. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...