Monday, March 17, 2014

Brownies With Cookie Dough Frosting


I was in the mood for brownies. It being St. Patrick's Day and all I thought about creating some amazing boozy, mudslide type treat. I was about two seconds away from starting when I realized it was time for some cookie dough. After being sick and all last week I didn't get any cookies. A rare occurrence for me. I think it finally caught up and my body was revolting.



I wish cookie dough could be a food group. I have eaten my fair share of cookie dough in my time. The real stuff - eggs and all. I haven't ever gotten sick besides from the occasional way, way, way over indulgence. My mom would always get super upset. She has this thing about the safety of food. I kind of think she would prefer to throw out all food a day before it is set to expire just to be safe. Don't even get her started on deli meat. Needless to say raw dough is a no, no.



No fears here though. This cookie dough is egg free and taste just like the real stuff. There was enough to layer on a thick bit for the brownies' frosting and some leftover. Of course Mr. J and I had some taste tests and I am already dreaming about adding the rest to ice cream. The recipe that keeps on giving.



These brownies were fabulous. The perfect brownie/cookie dough combination when you bite in. I am already foreseeing a fight in my future over the last one.



Brownies with Cookie Dough Frosting

by Emily Morris, Sourced from Sally's Baking Addiction
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (serves 12)
For the Brownies:
  • Use your favorite brownie recipe or boxed mix
For the Cookie Dough Frosting:
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 5 Tbsp milk
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
Instructions
For the Brownies:
Cook brownies according to directions for a 9X13 pan. Allow to cool for several hours.

For the Cookie Dough Frosting:
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed.

Add the vanilla and beat well.

Sift the flour and salt and add to the butter mixture. Mix until combined. Add the milk gradually until desired consistency is reached and beat until fluffy.

Gently fold in chocolate chips. Frost cooled brownies by gently spreading the frosting across the brownies. I used a combination of a knife and fingers.

You will have extra. Store in refrigerator.
Powered by Recipage

7 comments:

  1. I can only imagine how amazing these are! Seriously, brownies were enough to get my cravings jumpstarted, but then the cookie dough frosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes all my willpower to just have one.

      Delete
  2. dear cookie dough-I love you. The only way I could love you more is if you were on top of brownies...ohhh. WAIT A MINUTE! yuuuuuuum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave up cookie dough for Lent, but I'm trying to rationalize that this doesn't really count! Right???

    ReplyDelete
  4. it would be perfect for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness.. these sound amazing! Cookie dough frosting is a genius idea!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG- My pregnant self can not handle this awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...