Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Buttermilk Chess Pie


I just realized that Easter is coming right up at the end of the month.  I could be totally cliche and say that time is flying by. I won't. But it is.

Also in March we can celebrate Pi Day. March 14th or 3/14 is quickly approaching too.

I don't do pie too often.  Give me a cookie or cake any day. Pie I can decline and not regret the decision for the rest of the night. 



Mr. J however loves pie.  Mainly apple. He is also a fan of custards.  I am much more fond of custards than apple. Plus I am always up for a new recipe.  I was eyeing Chess pies for a while. Hearing and seeing that they were wonderful, but never trying them myself.  Well due to Easter and to honor Pi Day I decided it was time to make some pie.  



I went with a classic buttermilk version; however, there is also a chocolate version or you can make the classic with regular milk.  There are staunch supports of each on the web.

As for pies I quite enjoyed this one.  Be sure to have your sweet tooth ready because this pie is definitely sweet. Buttery and gooey too. 

I put this pie together in about 10 minutes. Just in the nick of time before Olivia decide she wasn't going to have her nap for the day.  

I enjoyed it warm but Mr. J preferred the chilled version the next day. Either way it was a good choice for my occasional pie making days. 



Buttermilk Chess Pie

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minues
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert Easter pie
Ingredients (serves 8)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2/3 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 unbaked pie crust
Instructions
Heat oven to 350. Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add eggs and buttermilk, stirring until blended. Stir in melted butter and vanilla.

Pour into unbaked pie crust.

Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set.

Cool on a wire rack at least an hour before serving. Store leftovers, well-wrapped in refrigerator.
Powered by Recipage

4 comments:

  1. hai sobat, salam kenal yaa...
    ijin menyimak dan berkomentar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pie (not as much as cookies...but a lot :P) and this Buttermilk Chess Pie is the perfect thing for Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill is a HUGE fan of pie---and this is one I've never made. It looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Thanks for sharing a nice and good blog article. you are wondering what to make for Buttermilk Chess. Just heat and serve a Fit Food that is as delicious as it is good. Innovative post. Please keep up sharing..
    healthy food delivery toronto

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...