Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What I have been reading lately...

I haven't done a very good job keeping up with informing you on new reads. Hell I haven't done a good job keeping up with most things these days. But today I have a two for one deal. Hopefully it will make up a bit for my slacking.


I don't know what I was getting into when I picked up Someone Else's Love Story.  The book is about Shandi Pierce, a young single mother who is trying to juggle finishing college with her genius three year old boy. Hoping to make things easier by moving closer to her school, she stops on the way and ends up in a gas station robbery.  The experience leaves her with a new relationship from the person who saves her and her son's lives and changes the relationships she has with her family, her best friend, and herself. Within these relationships new loves are found and old ones are rekindled. You learn science from miracles and the truth about faith, love and forgiveness.


The Matchmaker is about Dabney Beech who has lived on Nantucket all her life. She has a gift for matchmaking and has been doing so since high school.  Her luck with others seems to be better than her own.  The story details Dabney's former matches in between the current happens of Dabney's life, her relationship with her husband, her daughter's relationship with her fiance and her relationship with the former love of her life.  There are all sorts of ups, downs and twists that keep you entertained from page one.  The story scripts each character on such a personal level you don't know who you should be rooting for.


2 comments:

  1. Blogging is truly sucking away my reading time. These both look like terrific books...I'm sad to say I only read ONE book this month. You've reminded me to get some more balance in my life! You have a good excuse for not keeping up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have not got back into reading since Lucy was born. I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...