Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries


Did I really have this for dinner a week ago? That's right. I told you my week passed me by. This was probably the last good meal I have had. Between the company meeting, group meals, and lots of appointments here and there I don't really remember the last time Jordan and I were able to cook. Even breakfasts have been a hurried rush and I am ashamed to admit a cold bagel with cream cheese not just once but twice. I cringe as I type this. I really try not to eat food just to eat it. It has to be worth those calories. A cold bagel is not worth any calories.

I find it quite odd that I ate all of this awful food right before my first dress fitting. I was a nervous ball of nerves for most of the week. I had some weird expectation that the dress was either going to fall off of me or have a foot gap in the back and wouldn't zip. Neither happened thank goodness.

Anyway, back to the food. I love sweet potatoes. I have for a while and once upon a time it was a very special treat to find sweet potato fries in restaurants. Now it is much more common. Jordan and I have roasted potatoes quite often cause Jordan is definitely a meat and POTATOES kind of guy. Making sweet potato fries is a nice compromise for the two of us.

It is really simple. We do one potato per person. You can dice and slice them any which way you prefer. The ones below are thick steak fries.


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put cut potato pieces in bowl and drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and herbs de Provence to taste. Toss with hands till completely covered.

Lay a single layer on cookie sheet. Put in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Take out cookie sheet and flip each fry. Bake for 10 minutes more. The flipping will ensure nice crispy fries on both sides. They are so good!

Tonight's dinner is a new recipe and hopefully it will shape up to be another good Sunday night dinner.


1 comment:

  1. I love cold bagels with strawberry cream cheese. It's my meal of choice! And they're really not all that bad for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...