Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Black bean and corn salad


I like beans. I am not a bean fanatic. There has to be a right proportion of other foods to beans ratio for me to really enjoy a bean dish. Too many beans are just no good. The dry mushiness in your mouth gets gross I think. However, if this ratio is met I tend to love bean dishes.

Lately I have been really into black beans. We have some variation of Mexican meals at least once a week. I don’t think Jordan enjoys these meals with the same intensity as I do but we make do. Anyhow, while eating out recently have been partaking in lots of black bean salads.

If you think about it I would assume they are fairly simple to make and the ingredients are quite inexpensive. So I set out on a mission to find a good black bean salad. My search led me to the trusty food network site and this recipe by Guy Fieri.

Black Bean Salad
Adapted from Guy Fieri
Food Network

Ingredients
2 cans black beans, drained, about 30 ounces
1 (15-ounce) can corn, drained
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/4 cup can crushed pineapple
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tablespoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Pinch ground cumin

Directions
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Picture from Food Network.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...