Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Salad Pizza


Yesterday I got up at 6am and then didn't go to bed till 11pm.  Today will be the same story and tomorrow will be another repeat.  That means for seven hours of sleep. I am not sure that is quite enough for me to function at full capacity on an ongoing basis.


You know what helps...lots of vegetables.  This was seriously was the fastest, easiest meal to put together.  I cannot really call it a recipe.  Trader Joe's garlic naan bread topped with leftover chicken breast slices, goat cheese and mixed greens.  Tomato slices on the side.


What doesn't help is champagne but it sure does taste good.  Everyone needs a little champagne in their lives.  I missed a true New Year's Eve toast.  Life got in the way and Mr. J and I never celebrated but the champagne stayed in the fridge.


An unexpected celebration is always the best kind of celebration.  We toasted to us, the weekend, and relaxing.  Going on seven hours of sleep, I am keeping this celebration on my mind till I can make it till next weekend. 4 mores days to go...

7 comments:

  1. I love that you toasted to yourselves just for being you! That's the way it supposed to be. Unexpected celebrations are the best. I am getting into salads again now that it's getting warmer and stocking up on my greens. This salad pizza looks fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great, quick meal to throw together. Naan pizza is just fantastic. I love that it's full of veggies & that you enjoyed it with a glass of champagne! That's just awesome. :) Hope you get some more sleep soon!
    -Lacy @ NYCityEats.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Celebrating on an un-special day or receiving a gift from someone for no special reasons are two things which do enrich your life. As Oprah says, do something special for yourself every day and your actions do ring true to this! Besides, it does have a way of getting you through the work week. Your quick fix salad does look like a great lunch-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a big fan of salad pizzas! And it's never too late to celebrate with champagne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unexpected celebrations and throw together meals are often the best! I love this idea! Salad and pizza combined is genious :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celebrating for no particular reason is always fun and this does look like the perfect way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you know me and pizza. Such a wonderful idea to use naan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...