Thursday, March 8, 2012

Playa Chac Mool and Old Houses


We spent yesterday just exploring all of the very old side streets of the downtown area of St. Augustine.  I love old buildings. I am more used to the European style designs of the French, English, and Italian.  This new Spanish style has me intrigued.




I love these little houses. I would move in tomorrow if I had the opportunity. 



 I cannot get enough of all of the green.  I think going back up to the dead browns of New England is going to be the hardest part of our vacation ending.  Of course there is always the work part too.  That is never fun.


I would probably have to work on my green thumb a bit more to live here.  

After all of this walking, we worked up quite an appetite.  Nothing like a bit of an happy hour celebrate to get back some stamina. 


We found a delicious little Mexican restaurant on the beach. It doesn't look all that much from the road but let me tell you this was some delicious Mexican food.  The owner was our waiter and his whole purpose was to make you enjoy your meal.


Happy hour included $2.99 Margaritas and Sangria.  After munching on chips, salsa, guacamole, and queso dip.  We decided we should have some more substantial food.


I ordered my favorite chili rellano which was covered in the same queso dip cheese.  It was so good.  The pepper was extremely flavorful and beans and rice were equally delicious.  We got some extra hot sauce to spice things up a bit as well.

Mr. J got the combo plate which had the option of choosing any three of a multitude dishes.  He got an enchilada, chimichanga, and burrito.  Others got the toastada which got rave reviews as well. It was a ton of food but oh so good. 

Playa Chac Mool

105 D Street
St Augustine, FL 32080 

(904) 471-1131

10 comments:

  1. nice house and lovely drinks


    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like there is a great diversity in buildings and houses there. The green one does look cozy.
    I am always game for some great Tex-Mex, and yours looks like it would hit the spot. Thanks for posting about your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the old cottages and building structures - they are beautiful and have so many stories!
    As for your Mexican food, good choice :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Ultra Chewy M&M Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad you had fun, the houses are charming, my dream come true! I always wanted to buy old house and make it my own by restoration. Im in love with the little cottage with the side garden... You got me all dreamy and wanting a mortgage straight away :) Wishing you all the best and loads of smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, the mortgage part never crossed my mind.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the perfect holiday...exploring, eating and relaxing! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this has very much been a perfect vacation.

      Delete
  6. Now I really want to go our for Mexican food! Margaritas, chips, salsa, enchilads.....yyyuuummm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The houses are nice there. But, if it makes you feel better about the weather, Florida summers are completely unbearable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dunno...it looks like you're having too much fun! It's beautiful in St. Augustine, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...