Monday, September 24, 2012

Baked Feta Deliciousness

I cannot believe another month has passed. September has come and gone way too fast.  The end of the month means that it is time to post September's Secret Recipe Club reveal.


For September I had The Spiffy Cookie.  Now you know my love of cookies so I was all excited when I got Erin. I have actually been reading The Spiffy Cookie for a while. I knew I was in for a treat. She whips up some mean recipes. She is also a smarty pants who is currently working to earn her PhD in Biomedical Sciences.  Biomedical Sciences just scares me; I never enjoyed science.


I had a pretty hard time picking which recipe to make. I could have made these doughnuts or these cookies.  The fact of the matter is when I was looking to pick a recipe. I was home by myself and in the mood for cheese.  The Baked Crazy Feta recipe jumped out at me.


I pretty much ran to the store to pick up the feta.  Came home and made this for lunch.  I eat weird things for meals when left to my own devises. 


Of course, I threw on some tomatoes for a bit of healthiness.  The only thing I changed was to add two extra jalapenos.  I made this in the toaster oven.  Twenty minutes later I was in feta heaven.  Mr. J had the leftovers reheated and he loved it as well. This would a great recipe to share if you can wait long enough till a sharing occasion presents itself.

by The Spiffy Cookie
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes




Ingredients (serves 6)
  • 8 oz feta cheese
  • 3 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
  • 1Tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • Zest and juice of a quarter of a lemon
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup fresh Mozzarella, shredded
Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 16 oz casserole dish and set aside.

In a large bowl, crumble the feta. Add diced jalapeno, the lemon zest and juice and garlic. Add olive oil and mash with a fork. Taste the feta and season with salt and pepper.

Transfer to prepared baking dish. Top with Mozzarella and bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Serve with pita or tortilla chips. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.
Powered by Recipage

19 comments:

  1. Great pick for the SRC! I make a baked ricotta, but the idea of using feta is fantastic, gotta try it next time, in fact I might just make it for a departmental potluck this week! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the ingredients and a friend on her way over, thanks for helping me decide what to make as a snack for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks great! Hot cheese dips are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so yummy!!! And surprise...I had your blog as my SRC assignment....I made your cheezy zucchini bake! Soooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to make this. It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this dip! What a great recipe from Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mind: Blown! Baked feta sounds completely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love baked feta, it looks delicious!

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so decadently good. I wish I could still eat cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that looks like a bowl of yumminess! Tomatoes are a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmmm... and I find myself with a large carton of feta in my fridge. Love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM, this sounds just wonderful. This would be great with some fresh bread + veggies on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  13. feta is one of my favorite cheeses. I would love ths on some crostini!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...