Friday, December 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Blossoms


Our house could be claimed a disaster zone. We have clothes, clean and dirty everywhere. Papers and mail cover our kitchen table so much so that we cannot find room to eat.  Boxes from mails Christmas presents are stacking up. I find this most interesting as we said no presents this year.  Regardless I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.There seems to be so much to do and not enough time to do it.



It is starting to effect my sleep. The other day I got up bright eyed at 4am. I tried. I really tired to go back to sleep but by 4:45 I got up.  This lead to a much cleaner kitchen table and cookies. I still have a long list of Christmas cookies I want to make up.  I am going to call them holiday cookies as I think my baking is going to extend to New Year's Day.



These are some of Mr. J's favorite cookies. These are pretty simple and basic.  Chocolate. Peanut butter. Nothing too special for Christmas but they have much meaning that just the ingredients. His grandmother makes them every year at Christmas. Since we won't be in Maine to have any of her cookies I thought it would be fun to make some of our own.  I know they are not the same as grandma's but they are pretty darn tasty. It is great to be able to bring some of his family's traditions into our own. 



I know they are not the same as grandma's but they are pretty darn tasty. It is great to be able to bring some of his family's traditions into our own. 


Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert chocolate peanut butter cookie
Ingredients (48 cookies)
  • 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolates
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Additional granulated sugar
Instructions
Heat oven to 375°F. Remove wrappers from chocolates.

Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
Powered by Recipage

7 comments:

  1. We always have peanut butter blossoms at Christmas, too! Sometimes simple and basic is best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is so great you made these for Mr J since he couldn't have his Grandma's this year, best wife ever. I love classics. These are going to be a hit for my Mr J.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to make these every year! Katie thinks a second batch is in order. Merry, merry Christmas, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a batch of these tonight. Like you, I'm calling them "holiday cookies." I can relate to the chaos at home! Thank you for sharing this sweetness! I hope you have a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are some of my favorite cookies. :) Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!! Feast. Laugh. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are always on of my all time favorite cookies anything with peanut butter and chocolate is amazing! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! such a classic, gotta love a good pb blossom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...