Friday, December 9, 2011

Friday's Five: Christmas traditions

First and foremost congratulations to Kelly @ Eat Yourself Skinny.  Your delicious treat box will be shipping out soon from Salt of the Earth Bakery.  I hope you enjoy.


Now on to the list.  It is certainly December now.  Christmastime is upon us and I for one and ridiculously happy.  I know people stress during this time of year but I am not one of those people.  I love every little part of it.  Here are a few of my favorites.
1.Christmas Cards
 

 
I have mentioned before about my obsession  love with mail.  Christmastime brings about a million catalogues to my mailbox but it also brings about lots of long lost friends and family.  I love hearing the updates, seeing pictures, and the lovely cards.  Each one brings a smile to my face.

2. Advent Calendar
 

This is a tradition that I cannot remember not participating in.  This year I have two advent calendars going.  Each day I wake up and the first thing I do is open the new window.  As much as I love candy and sweet my advent calendar must have the story of baby Jesus.  No sweet treats here.  In college I used to write my dad an email each day letting him know the new verse.  Don't think I didn't contemplate doing this on the blog.

3. Christmas Baking
You woud think of all things I would have a pictures of some Christmas cookies today but I don't.  They are coming but obviously baking cookies and any other holiday treatsis something I look forward to all year long.  The best part of the Christmas baking is being able to do this with others.  That's right mom, stock up your pantry.  We need to get going for Santa Clause.

4. Wrapping Presents and Gift Giving
   
I am not going to lie.  Presents are a big part of Christmas fun for me.  I love looking at all of the fun things I could possibly add to my list.  Each item is special and something I wouldn't typically buy for myself.  I also love the search of that perfect items for others. Whenever I find it it takes all of my effort not to go and give it away right then and there.  Waiting is the hardest part of Christmas.

5. Decorations

I don't go way over the top with decorations but I do like splashes of green and red.  I love hanging the stockings.  Smelly spice and fir candles.  Pointsettas.  Angels.  Christmas trees. 

What are your favorie Christmastime traditions?

4 comments:

  1. My husband works a lot of hours but he does get 2 weeks off around the holidays and my favorite time with him is wrapping all the gifts. Since my side of the family takes turns with having Christmas at their house, there is a lot less preparation involved when it is not my turn. However, wrapping is definitely an every year event with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is definitely baking Christmas cookies! Although I do also love my family's tradition of putting up the tree ridiculously early. This year, we did it a week before Thanksgiving because it was the only time my sister could make it home before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of cards myself! I especially like the letters and pictures where you can see how much everyone has grown and changed over the year. They just make me all warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we have the same favorites! One thing that always makes me smile during the holidays is my father asks me to wrap my (step)mother's presents for him.

    He always asks like he's never done it before....I've been wrapping ALL his presents for the last 12 years!

    He's SO sweet! Thanks for sharing YOUR favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...