This weekend I saw an article with the most delicious looking pork roast roulade. I wanted some immediately. We didn’t have pork roast in the fridge but I was determined to take our chicken to a whole other level.
When I mentioned it to Mr. J he quickly told me 3 things:
1. He had stuffed chicken breast for dinner on a work trip Thursday night. (Way to ruin my excitement!)
2. He was still down with the idea.
3. We needed bacon.
Stuffed Chicken with Boursin and Spinach
3 Chicken breast, pounded thin
¼ C boursin cheese ( I used the herb and garlic variety.)
1 C baby spinach leaves
Salt and pepper
2 slices bacon, optional (4 slices if you are Mr. J)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare baking dish by spraying bottom with olive oil.
2. Lay Chicken on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Use rolling pin or meat pounder to flatten out chicken. This is by far my favorite step of the recipe and is a great way to end a stressful day.
3. Take 1-2 Tbsp of boursin cheese and spread across chicken. Layer spinach leave on top of cheese.
4. If desired lay out bacon slices on top of spinach layer.
5. Gently folder over chicken to close opening. Take two pieces of baking twine to tie close (one on each end)
6. Place in baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 45 minutes.
I served ours with the standard roasted sweet potato rings and broccoli. As simple as the side dishes were, this chicken made the whole meal a gourmet experience.
On a side note: I burnt my tongue Friday night and eating anything has been miserable. I hope I heal up fast.
Have you entered the giveaway yet? It closes Thursday night.