Monday, May 10, 2010

Durgin Park

One of the most fun places to dine in Boston is Durgin Park. It is right by the water and the famed Quincy Market. Over the years I have dined there many times. It is a good old fashioned restaurant known for the waitresses being a bit rude.

They have all sorts of New England dishes ranging from Pot Roast to the classic seafood dishes. Jordan was incredibly torn on this trip because they happened to offer a huge prime rib platter. Last time we ate here it came with a bone reminiscent of the bone in the intro for the Flintstones which flips the car over. Anyway, he opted for the seafood platter which is another favorite. As you can see below they really pile it up.

I was trying to be a bit more sensible with my dish. Although they have many good sandwiches, including one called Thanksgiving on a roll that was my initial choice. This day however there was a lobster roll sandwich. I love lobster so it was not that hard to switch to this dish. Note that the traditional lobster roll is mixed with mayo. I hate mayo and am convinced I am allergic to it. Thus the one below is without mayo. It was oh so good and made me even more excited for the wedding.


And of course you cannot go to a good New England restaurant without a plate of corn bread.

I neglected to take a picture of the dessert which I shared with my mom. It was a massive bowl of Indian pudding. Another favorite from Durgin park and New England tradition. It was delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I love D-P so much I sketch it! http://eateryart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...