Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dinner

I couldn't resist sharing this...



Homemade polenta for the first time and it was delicious.






I haven't felt healthy for a while. Pretty much since the honeymoon I have been hunkered down doing lots and lots of work. Some was just organizing the apartment, continuing to move in, and settle from the wedding. Lots of it was from work, work. I have been gone every week for at least 1 day for the last 2 months. Most weeks it was more like 3 or 4 days. Let's just say it has gotten to me and twice already I have been sick. I hate being sick. I truly believe in the holistic methods of healing and well part of that is nutrition. I haven't been eating so horribly but I have been having lots of sweets. The goal for the coming future is to have more fruits and veggies, less sweets.

Thus this week we are trying a few new tastes. Polenta is not necessarily new but I have only had it in restaurants. Tonight we had trout with asparagus on a bed of polenta. It was quick and super easy to make. I don't think Jordan was trilled by the results but it wasn't bad. I followed the recipe to a T. It said it would make 5 servings. I thought about making 1/2 the recipe but really Jordan eats more than the normal person and I thought with 5 servings we would get enough for one meal plus one leftover meal. But now we have this...
That is like 10 servings in and of itself and Jordan and I had fair portions to begin with. I think I am going to make corn muffins with some of the extra. Hopefully it will turn out alright. I don't know how we will eat all of this.


The excitement of the day though was the bed delivery. Now I know this just looks like any old bed picture but really it is heaven. Its about 1 foot higher than the previous mattress and we have a box spring now. It is so wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...