Wednesday, January 18, 2012

BLT Charlotte


What did I learn this weekend in Charlotte?  They have lots and lots of good restaurants to check out. So many that we had trouble picking which ones we should check out with such a short time see them all. 


One of the restaurants we chose was the steakhouse BLT.  Although not unique to Charlotte this restaurant was a place we definitely wanted to check out.  The building itself was just cool to be in...it is located right in the middle of Uptown in the lobby of the Ritz Carlton. 

BLT, which stands for Bistro Laurent Tourondel, has redefined steakhouse dining with its modern décor and infusion of classic French techniques. This unique Charlotte steakhouse integrates traditional elements of a cozy French Bistro with those of a stylish, urbane boîte. 



 The meal starts out with complimentary popovers. I am not too fond of popovers but these were really good.  I think the outside portion was a bit more hardier than the typical popover so it actually felt like you were biting into something.  The inside still melted in your mouth.  These are considered a signature part of the BLT experience.  


Mr. J started out with raw East Coast oysters.


The table shared Brussels sprouts and potato gratin.  The Brussels sprouts melted in your mouth and left a sweet taste from the perfect caramelized bottoms.  The potato gratin was made with shredded pieces of potatoes and combined with a blend of cheese.  That was my favorite part of the whole meal.


Each of the steaks came out in their own cast iron skillet.  I got the smaller portion of a filet.  It was so good I don't even know where to begin.  It has got to be one of the best if not the best steaks I have ever eaten.  You get to pick one of 12 sauces to go with your steak but seriously I barely used one drop.  The steak was just so good on its own.

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, the oysters look fantastic! I rarely go to really expensive steakhouses, but when I do, I love it. Looks like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes me drool


    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another successful dining experience here in the South.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was a delicious meal! I would dearly love to have those brussel sprouts myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The steak really looks to die for! Glad you are out and about enjoying what Charlotte has to offer. Thanks for sharing your dining experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love popovers! They look amazing, as well as the potato gratin, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling over that steak! It looks awesome, and I LOVE a good steak!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, sounds delish! I have actually heard of this restaurant because they are SO famous for the popovers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great meal. Wish I had been there... oh wait, ... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...