Thursday, January 5, 2012

3 Things Thursday

1. If you thought yesterday's smoothie looked a bit off (as my husband did), I am sure you will have no idea what to do with this one.  I promise the banana makes the spinach taste go away. You just have to get over the idea of drinking something green.  It is good; I swear.

Mango Green Monster

Ingredients:
1 banana
1 C fresh baby spinach
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1/2 C coconut milk
1/2 C nonfat, plain yogurt
1/2 C frozen mango pieces ( I get mine from TJ's)

Put all ingredients in blender and mix till combined, approximately 1-2 minutes.



2.  I read this book because it is by the same author of Maine.  It is about 4 best friends who might at Smith College. The first part is looking back on their college years together and the second half is set in the present showing how their lives and relationships have changed in the 4 years after graduation.   Having gone to an all-girls college I could relate to the feelings some of the character pretty well.  There are so many complexities when it comes to women's colleges.  This is a great beach/summertime book if you are looking for a fun read.



3.  Finally I got this sample in the mail last night and couldn't wait to try it out.


Kashi is coming out with some new Soft N Chewy bars.  I got to sample the Banana Chocolate Chip.  One bar contains 140 calories, 4 grams fiber, and 3 grams protein.  The sugar content was a little high at 9 grams.

Overall I thought it tasted good.  I am not going to say it was the best thing I ever ate because it wasn't but I would definitely have them again.  The real flavor was the banana taste.  I think I was hoping for something a bit more chocolate and the bits of chocolate just weren't that prominent.  There was a surprise crispiness to the bar...I am thinking there might have been so rice cereal in it.  I snacked on this at 11am before my lunch meeting to hold me over till my real lunch at 1pm. It did the trick.

11 comments:

  1. While yesterday didn't look great, this one does - I've been morbidly intrigued by green smoothies and have never gotten around to making one, mostly because I rarely get around to making any smoothies at all. Looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,

    First time commenter! Your mango green monster looks delicious! I haven't yet tried making one of these green monsters myself, but I was wondering if you had any suggestions for what could be used in place of the banana that would mask the spinach flavor well and still taste good?

    I want to give one of these drinks a try, but most have bananas in them and I'm (sadly) allergic to them.

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished reading Maine and I really liked it, thanks for the tip on the other book! I like eating weirdly colored foods, I'm all in for a green smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This smoothie looks great! I might have to try one for breakfast tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a mom, I always think of a way to add vegetable in meals. This is great, I trust you and should give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep circling around green smoothies...I guess I'm just going to have to put my big girl apron on and try one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually love green smoothies! And this mango green monster sounds absolutely delicious =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'd love to start the day with a green monster. So healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...