Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday's Five: Favorites x4

So let me tell you about this little thing called Pinterest.  It's a website that allows you to collect, sort, and save images from the Internet.  Think of a gigantic cork board of lovely photos chosen by you.  When I started this a few months ago I was drawn to collecting food photos of recipes I am someday, someday hoping to make.  Since then I have branched out with fashion, bags, home ideas, books, wedding (no I am not getting married again), and crafts.  There are so many ideas out there.  Not only can you collect your photos but you can stalk follow other peoples collection. 

Let me tell you now that time will be lost in your life.  Once you start browsing or pinning images you will lose yourself to a different world and suddenly hours will have passed. No joke...hours will be lost.

I found this bag by Fossil the other day and decided I must have it. Mr. J are you listening?  Valentine's Day is coming up.

Among other favorites this week I finished Erik Larson's new book  "In the Garden of Beast".  I explores Hitler's Germany through the eyes of the US Ambassador's family.  This is a historical book and I found it absolutely fascinating.



Another Pinteresthttp://pinterest.com/ find is this pink door.  Someday when I have a house I am thinking it needs a pink door.


My new/old love is Mrs. Meyer's soap. I used to love Method products and their unique scents.  I still do enjoy them but they have now been topped with Mrs. Meyer's basil.  I got the hand soap for a stocking stuffer but also have the dish soap.  It makes doing dishes a bit more bearable.  My hands are so dry lately and this soap just makes me feel a bit better.  Sometimes it is the little things that make the biggest difference.


Finally, Anthropologie has a new tea towel with a lobster on it.  Not sure what I would do with this one but it is a cute little thing.  It could work as my clothing protector next time I eat a lobster.  They are messy suckers.


I am so thankful it is Friday. This afternoon I am hosting a team building session of fun games.  Then there are two days when I have absolutely nothing that needs to get done.  I cannot wait to relax and have fun this weekend.  Mr. J is back up and running.  After another doctor's appointment it was decided that he had a fluke bacteria infection.  Within a month it will be like it never happened.

Wishing all of you the very best weekend!

15 comments:

  1. I just joined Pinterest the other day! I could spend forever on that site!! I loved The Devil in the White City, and am looking forward to finding time to read his new one. He's such a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE pinterst - so many amazing things all in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new Pinterest addict! (Much easier for me to become addicted to than Twitter! I'm trying, though!) It's like window shopping, only better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love pinterest and I LOVE that bag and the pink door! fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far, I'm resisting Pinterest. I'm slowly feeling the pull because hear other people enjoy it so much.
    That bag is way cute! I hope your honey reads this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always thought to paint my door a bright color, yet my husband insists we need a screen door so that idea disappeared. I am avoiding Pinterest due to its time sucking capability! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I love that bag!! And I love Pinterest too--so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that Mr. J is recovering and I completely understand about Pinterest! I actually have to set an alarm or I will spend a ton of time on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I need to find some of that Mrs. Meyer's Basil. That sounds lovely! And that Fossil bag is awesome. I've also fallen down the rabbit hole of Pinterest, there are so many great ideas and beautiful things to be found there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found your blog and was thrilled to see your fabulous pinterest finds...I am so hooked on that site :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm seriously addicted to Pinterest...and I love that pink door! I just need to figure out how to get my husband to be alright with it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love pintrest too. So much fun! And I think the pink door you shared is beyond adorable! Thank you for sharing with me...and thank you for your kind words on my own blog. You make me smile! I hope you have a relaxing Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally and hopelessly addicted to Pinterest. Best invention EVER. Thanks for sharing some of your finds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...