Monday, January 9, 2012

Blueberry Shortcake Cookies


Sometimes you make a recipe expecting something very specific.  Everyone knows how a brownie is suppose to turn out.  I got a new cookbook for Christmas that I was excited to try out.  In my mind the shortcake recipe was going to be more like shortbread.  It was after all labeled as a cookie.   Shortbread this is not.



Blueberry Shortcake Cookies
From Stonyfield Organics Yogurt Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Blueberry Yogurt


Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine blueberries, lemon and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside.

In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Cut in the butter until you have coarse crumbs. Stir in yogurt. 

Fold berry mixture into yogurt mixture. Using a 1 1/2 inch scoop, place scoop onto cookie sheet 2” apart. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on cookie rack.



The end result is quite good but much more like a muffin top than a shortbread cookie. To sweeten up the ante I am thinking whipped cream filled sandwiches.  Yum, that seems delicious!


13 comments:

  1. I love Stonyfield Farm stuff - I didn't know they had a cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! My wife loves anything pastry with blueberries, she'd absolutely die for these :) Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look like blueberry goodness, regardless of what you call them. I guess that is why I like to have a picture to look at with a recipe. My mind's imagination is not so accurate. Pass that plate this way-yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy...tasty one..Bookmarked

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look delicious! I love strawberry anything, pretty much

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had us at blueberry shortcake - two of our favorites together in one delicious package! Blueberries bring back that taste of summer, great for chasing away the January blues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll take a muffin top over a shortbread any day! I want to take a huge bite of one of these babies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. now that's my kind of cookie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually like that these look like muffin tops! lol Either way though, they look tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blueberry shortcake cookies?!?!?!? You, very simply put, are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Short bread or cookie...they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, boy...these look fabulous!! What a great muffin/cookie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had no idea Stonyfield has a cookbook. I love their yogurt, mmm. And these cookie, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...