Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cranberry Cobbler



Any one who cooks makes mistakes in recipes. I was looking for something to make with cranberries.  Something different. When I saw this recipe for Cranberry Cobbler it was just the thing.  Dessert is always a yes in my book. I knew it wouldn't be too sweet.  I have big plans for cookies coming up and I didn't want to sweeten us out too soon. If that is even possible?




But back to mistakes. This recipe is super easy to follow.  However, I managed to forget the butter.  It was sitting right there in front of me the whole time and yet since the first step is to melt some butter in the pan. I guess I mentally checked off the other 6 Tbsp that was suppose to be added in later. Ops!




Even with my forgetfulness this cobbler tasted yummy. It was extremely tart and paired really well with vanilla ice cream. I am not sure I could have eaten it without the ice cream.




Cranberry cobbler is a new idea to me.  Have you ever heard of it?  I think it would be a great addition to any Thanksgiving day feast for those who don't care for pumpkin pie. And because it isn't super sweet, I can totally see having some for breakfast.




Cranberry Cobbler

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Keywords: bake dessert Thanksgiving cake fall


Ingredients (serves 8)
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
  • 1 1/4 cups cranberries, partially thawed if frozen
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
  • 1/2 cup whole milk
  • 1 large egg
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch cast-iron skillet. Stir together cranberries and 2 tablespoons sugar. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and remaining 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg, then whisk in butter. Whisk milk mixture into flour mixture until combined.

Pour batter into skillet and scatter cranberries on top. Bake until center springs back when lightly touched, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before serving (or let sit at room temperature, up to 8 hours).
Powered by Recipage

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a great idea! It would make a great addition to a Thanksgiving menu! And I would definitely be serving it with ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have never thought to add cranberry to cobbler! It looks so yummy. The tartness paired with the creamy ice cream sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea using cranberries like this. It looks stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It actually does look terrific with the ice cream. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...