Thursday, June 5, 2014

Honey Almond Granola

A honey sweetened granola with almonds, coconut and oats. 



My husband's family makes their own maple syrup. For the past several years I have benefited to the extreme.  Homemade maple syrup whenever I want. Not only is it way better than any store bought variety. We get it for free.  It is like a quadruple win.




That being said my husband is from Maine and we live in Connecticut. When we run out we have to wait till we go up or someone comes down.  Well thanks for our cornmeal waffles early this week we ran out. 


Being out is sad but typically not a huge deal except for the fact that I was planning on making granola. I always use the maple syrup for my sweetener in granola. I was giving this batch to a co-worker who gave us some theater tickets way back in March. They love the maple granola.




I was hoping that I could come up with a batch worthy enough to show our gratitude for the tickets without the maple syrup.  I think this was a winner. The honey version is a bit more sticky. This makes for a bit more difficult clean up.  The taste though is spot on.  The combination of coconut, honey and almonds just works so well together. I had a hard time stopping myself from eating it all as it cooled in the kitchen.


My co-worker said she had to hide some from her husband to make sure she got enough.  I guess that is a good sign. 


It is going to be a tough call once we get more maple syrup which variety of granola will be up next.




Honey Almond Granola

by Emily Morris
Prep Time: 10 minutues
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Keywords: bake breakfast honey oatmeal
Ingredients
  • 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1 cup sliced almonds
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 325º. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil or cooking spray or line pan with foil and grease for easy clean up.

In a large bowl combine oats, coconut, and almonds.

In a small bowl, stir the maple syrup, coconut oil (melt in microwave till liquid), vanilla and honey till combined.

Pour liquids over the oats, nuts, and coconut, and toss to coat. Spread the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the granola is just crispy and golden brown Stir the granola after the first 10 minute of baking and then every 5 minutes.

Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheet, breaking up any large clumps while it is still warm.
Powered by Recipage

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, that looks delicious! I love homemade granola, I'll have to try this sometime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooh this granola looks sooo delicious! I love how subtly sweet and crunchy and perfect it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We go through lots of homemade granola! I'll have to add this granola to our rotation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great. Granola is on my list of must do dishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love granola! This looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...