Friday, May 13, 2011

5 Random tidbits!


1. Today is my best friend’s birthday. Happy Birthday Diane!



2. Tomorrow is Stamp Out Hunger Day.
The 19th annual Stamp Out Hunger food drive! On May 14, fill a bag with non-perishable food items and leave it at your mailbox. Your local letter carrier will handle, pickup and delivery to your local food bank. You can donate items like canned meats, fish, soup, vegetables; bottled juice, pasta, cereal, and rice that do not require refrigeration.

For more information visit: www.facebook.com/StampOutHungerhttp://www.facebook.com/StampOutHunger

3. It is the first weekend in a long time where I do not have anything planned. I hope the weather holds out and I can do some gardening. Last year’s crop didn’t quite make it through the summer; maybe my green thumb will come back again this year.



4. I decided trying to not eat cookies is very hard. I am secretly hoping as the weather turns warmer that I will want MORE ice cream and FEWER cookies. In the meantime, I plan to bake cookies for others. These were a batch for my boss who is moving this weekend and getting married soon!



5. Speaking of ice cream, I have decided that this year for my birthday I want one of those colossal sundaes from Ben and Jerry’s or another local joint. They are like 9 scoops high with numerous toppings and confections. Can’t think of a better way to celebrate.

4 comments:

  1. A giant sundae sounds like the perfect way to celebrate a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those cookies look awesome!!!! Can you send some my way? lol Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sundae looks amazing. I think it would be perfect for celebrating your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookies or ice cream? hmmmmmm... how about ice cream with cookie dough...how do you run from that?! :)

    I like the birthday ice cream idea...a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...