Sunday, May 29, 2011

Buff Chick

With Memorial Day weekend half over, I guess it's officially summertime.  The weather has been cooperating appropriately and Connecticut is hot and humid.  I have spent the last couple of night fighting with Mr. J about all the reasons why it is NOT a good idea to turn in the A/C just yet.  The main one is money - I hate paying bills, especially the utilities.  The thought of our electricity bill going up any more is cringe worthy. 

I have also fought myself about what to cook.  This weather begs for grilling.  We don't have an outdoor grill yet, but that might change very soon if this weather keeps up.  I have been trying to come up with no cook but especially no bake meals the last few nights.  Turning on the oven is a No, No right now. 

That being said, last Thursday we broke the rule.  Thanks to the Foodbuzz Tastemaker's program, I received a full size bottle of KC Masterpiece's new Buffalo sauce.  Now we all know Mr. J is a master buffalo sauce maker.  It was a bit of a challenge to convince him that it would be a nice change of pace to have a buffalo sauce that is all ready to go without having to search, buy and chop all of those spicy peppers. 


It was a quick, simple mid-week dinner.  I had purchased chicken tenders from the store.  We marientaed the 1LB package for about 30 minutes in the fridge with about 1/2 of the bottle of buffalo sauce.



We then baked the tenders on a foil-lined cookie sheet, 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  The sauce was mild at first but once in a while you got a bite with a kick.  I think the sauce would be great for the whole family if no one was sensitive to spicy foods.  Mr. J and I plan to use the rest of the bottle as a base for feature chicken wing endeavors.  



As for the batch of chicken tenders, I made a salad with blue cheese crumbles.  The buffalo chicken and blue cheese was a great combination.  The salad added a lightness to the meal and cut some of the spiciness of the sauce. 


Sorry about the pictures in this post.  My camera finally called it quits the other day and I have been restoring to my cell phone.  We have since ordered a new one and should have it up and running later today. Sadly, its not the Rebel.   Cannot wait to see what it can capture!

Any plans for Memorial Day weekend?

Is the weather where you are making a statement about summer?


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you found the perfect way to use that sauce. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...