Sunday, May 1, 2011

Book Review: Shanghai Girls


Lately I have been a reading hound dog.  Wait, do hound dogs read?  I would like to think so but I am pretty sure they don't.  For those of you who don't know I have been in San Francisco the last few days living it up.  I got this book as entertainment on the long cross country flight.  It seemed fitting after all. 

This books is about two sister who grew up in Shanghai.  When the war started they were force to flee and ended up in Chinatown.  When they first landed in the US they went through Angel Island in the San Francisco Bay.  Have the connection now?

This books was very good.  It shows the bond between families, sisters, and culture.  I had a whole new perspective when touring Chinatown in San Francisco.  There is so much history and culture in the little area in the middle of a great big city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...