Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Crockpot Creation: Beef stew

Oh Tuesdays, why do you tease me? Today was a very long day. And it started out with a dentist appointment. I actually love getting my teeth clean but I couldn't enjoy it today because I had so much to do in the office. I just sat there thinking of all of the things I needed to get done.

Since today's post is a bit of a rush job and we are having leftovers from Sunday for dinner I will share with you the Beef stew recipe from last week.


Slow Cooker Beef Stew
From allrecipes.com

Ingredients
2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons margarine
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, sliced
3 stalks celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 cups water

Directions
1.Dredge beef cubes in flour until evenly coated.
2.Melt butter in a skillet, and cook coated beef cubes until evenly browned.
3.Transfer beef to slow cooker and add onions, carrots, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, cloves, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Pour in water and stir.
4.Cover and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours or on HIGH 5 to 6 hours. Serve hot!!

Jordan put this together so I don't have any photos. I think the directions are pretty straight forward though. Cut, mix together, throw in crock pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...