Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall is not over yet

I don't know about you but I woke up to a winter mix Monday morning. My car actually had a layer of snow sticking to it and schools were delays - two school districts even closed for the day. It is still November right? Well I am not willing to give up on Fall just yet. That cannot happen till after Thanksgiving.

A few weeks ago I had pork chops for dinner and on the side we made homemade stewed apples. It was so good. I have been buying 5 lb bags of apples at the orchard nearby this fall and as the time passes this a quick way to use up some of the last lingering apples when they are just starting to get soft.



Stewed Apples

4 apples
approximately 1/2 C water
1/4 C sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Core apples and slice into same size pieces. The thinner the slices the faster it cooks. Throw into sauce pan. Add in remaining ingredients and toss. Put on stove - medium high. Boil about 15 minutes stirring occasionally mushing apples as you go. You can change quantities based on preferences. More water means runnier sauce. More sugar equals sweeter sauce.









The four apples made two large servings. I ate each one for lunch. It was like a mini dessert. Yum, Yum!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...