Monday, November 29, 2010

"Noshing" at Nosh

Last Saturday found me in Portland, Maine after a visit to my Grandpa's. Jordan got the pick for where we should eat lunch and he was ready to try something new. Ever watch Man vs. Food? I really try not to because it always ends with me having a bellyache. I enjoying eating food and that show is not about the enjoyment of eating. Note: it is never good to sweat while eating.

Anyway, the show filmed an episode in Maine this past summer. Nosh in the Old Port section of Portland, Maine was featured due to this gigantic burger they served which is topped with pork belly and foie gras.

We didn't get the burger but the boys had some beer. I really wanted to take home the glass with the lobster on it.


We shared the French fries bacon dusted. As you can see it really was a bacon powder. A bit different than we expected. Others seemed to enjoy them. The fries were good, next time I could do without the powder.


My lunch consisted of the Bolognese hoagie. It was very meaty and spicy and GREAT! See the fontina cheese in there. Yum, yum.

Another order was the Reuben - it got great reviews.

The sandwiches were about $9-11 each and gigantic. Girls could definitely share the sandwiches. We were there for lunch but starting at 4pm they have all sorts of small plates and appetizers. They looked delish too. Next time Jordan is hankering for the special burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...