Friday, May 24, 2013

What I am reading right now...Summer Reads

Hi folks!

Today is Friday. I am super excited this week has been too long. Plus an added bonus, Monday is a holiday.  Score!


Memorial Day also marks the beginning (unofficial or not) of summer.  Summer means lots of beach reading, vacation reading, fun reading.

Here are some books that I have read lately:





No Easy Day came out a bit ago but I just read it last month. Although there were some cheesy lines, I found the account of life as a Seal Team member as well as the events surrounding the Osama Bin Laden mission extremely fascinating. 

 
The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout (the same author as Olive Kitteridge) is about grown up siblings brought together again by a family tragedy.  Now adults the family deals with finding balance between the past and the present as well as the people they have become.

The book is based in Maine.  Although the characters are fictional, the events taking place are real events in recent years. Being from Maine, I found the perspectives and the peoples reactions through Strout's eyes fascinating.  The book is a bit depressing which I didn't realize until I was halfway in. Good book but don't take this one if you are in the mood for something light. 


 The Aviator's Wife is a story Charles Lindbergh's wife as seen through her eyes from the moment they first meet through all of the ups and downs of their marriage. The books highlights the gifts and strength of Anne as well as the history and feelings of the country during this time.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I am excited to read the Aviator's Wife! It has been on my "to read" list for at least a month now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Aviator's Wife sounds so intriguing :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  3. We read The Aviator's Wife for our book club this month. The Burgess Boys is on my "to read soon" list :)

    PS...thanks for your kind words. It's been a tough couple of months and I'm touched by the outpouring of support. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message. I always love hearing your thoughts and comments.

You might also like reading:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...